Welcome To My Media Studies Blog

Thursday 25 November 2010

Music Magazine Front Cover - Rhythm

This front cover was designed on Adobe Photoshop CS3. After much consideration, I decided to change my front cover and the colour scheme. I decided in the end to use the scheme of blue and yellow instead of grey colours. These blended together to give the magazine front cover a dark, wintery look. The music genre for my magazine is soulful house music. Normally within the house music scene, there are summer and winter editions of magazines and CD albums and singles. I have purposely made this magazine to be mainly viewed during both the seasons. With the dark background representing cold dark winter nights, and the yellow and blue representing hot summer days, I think there is good contrast. With my dark background of the front cover I think it blends well, helping the blue and yellow stand out to make text visible. I also added the picture that i took myself into the front cover, and blended it into the background. I think the image i used was appropriate and was original as it linked with my music genre and also the colour scheme. My front cover is simple yet affective, I used the photoshop cs3 brush tool to add the splatter effects to give the front cover some character.

No comments:

Post a Comment