Welcome To My Media Studies Blog

Thursday 9 December 2010

Front Cover Construction


Firstly what I did for my front cover, was form a layout design, then leave space where text was going to go, also I decided on what image was going to be used. I took the original image, and cut round it with the lasso tool, then I copied it onto the front cover, resizing and moving it to fit perfectly. I then added effects (stroke) by right clicking layer, going on blending options and choosing stroke. This made a white border around my image, giving it an effect as if it was jumping out to the reader, and so it didn't look like it had been stuck on. I chose a solid black background, so when I chose the colour scheme of yellow and blue, the colours would compliment eachother. I stated the price and added a barcode also.


I then added text to the magazine, including a white banner at the top, which allowed me to add further information at the top of the page. The text I added was blue and yellow. I positioned the text to make it fit in, and made sure it was readable.



I then used the rectangular marquee tool, to design the blue and yellow diagonal rectangles in the middle. This created a bit more of a vibrant effect. Firstly I made this rectangles vertically, and then I right clicked the rectangles, and used the 'free transform' tool, to reshape them diagonally. This made the magazine more urban and unique, making the fonts stand out and made it visible from a far.


No comments:

Post a Comment